3/09/2009

Meeting Lauren Greenfield...

I attended a wonderful lecture tonight at the Topeka/Shawnee County Public Library. Lauren Greenfield was present to speak about her career in photography, her book Girl Culture, and her latest HBO documentary Kids + Money. If you couldn't attend, you missed out!! It was fascinating to listen to the stories behind her photos.....the stories provided so much more depth to the images.

After her lecture I browsed through the gallery to look at her gorgeous photographs and I even purchased a copy of Girl Culture and had her sign it.....to me!

Mr. Berryman & Lauren Greenfield

2 comments:

henry r said...

hey, i downloaded that song, i like it haha, cool photo, with the author

MMapes said...

That's so cool! Her work is outstanding especially girl culture although I haven't seen all the photo's in it.